Friday 29 July 2011

Antumn Internationals, Nick Kennedy in a row in England's second World Cup

Martin Johnson’s reign Nick Kennedy looked at the beginning of the boots in a row in England's second World Cup after a string of positive performances for the squad.

Now 29, he insisted that in autumn 2008 and the first international player yet still effective outside looking in, and played in all five of England’s 2009 Six Nations matches.

Since then its growth has been affected by a knee injury but he has also had to consider that he is a light-weight "to the extent of international rugby for rigor is not included in the Cap Seven.

Kennedy long before his 6ft 8in frame 5kg has responded by adding, top of the premiership players in the lineout as one is without changing their position.

He said: “It was a huge disappointment not to make the World Cup squad.

“I really felt like I was on track a couple of years ago. I started the autumn Internationals and Six Nations and my plan was going well. But then I had surgery on my knee and my pathway has not gone the way I would have liked since.

“I was meant to go on tour to Australia in 2010, but I needed the surgery and England have done so well since then.

“It has just been very frustrating – what was supposed to take three months took seven. It was not my decision to have the surgery done – it needed to be done.

“I still believe I am in good enough shape, I am playing well for London Irish and it is not like international rugby holds any fear for me because I have been there before. If anything I am a much better player than when I made my debut.

“Physically I am in much better shape. I am stronger and have added 5kg to my frame.

“This year my lineout stats were as good as they ever have been, but I am not overly fussed on that because stats don’t win you an international place.

“I just need to keep working hard and hopefully my chance will come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment