Friday 28 January 2011

Scotland name Kellock captain

Kellock who has been appointed as captain of Scotland seems to be very positive for Six Nation Cup opener against France seeking to end a 12-year wait for victory in Paris.

Andy Robinson coach called Kellock midway last week and persuade him to step into Leadership role he held during Scotland’s 2-0 Test series win in Argentina last summer.

Kellock said: “I was delighted, absolutely delighted to be in the squad and to be asked to be captain is a huge honour.

“We were straight out to training so there wasn’t too much time to dwell on it.

“I am very pleased. I had the opportunity to do it in Argentina a couple of times and it was brilliant.

“To be able to do it in a six nations game will be a massive honour.”

Kellock intends to ensure he leads from the front.

He added: “Being captain at Glasgow in the last five seasons has helped me, it’s made me play better.

“I’ve got to make sure that happens here as well, that I’m playing to the best of my ability and leading by example.”

No comments:

Post a Comment